We Want Your Photos
We’re looking for photos that are striking, inviting, compelling, photos that make the viewer look twice. Please look at our previous covers, and read this blog post for details on what kind of images we look for. We are currently only accepting photography from BC-based artists, but we welcome submissions from both established and emerging photographers.
- Landscape format, 9″H x 12.375″W (the larger the better, so we have some options for where to crop and place the spine)
- PDF, TIFF or PSD file (for a PC)
- CMYK colour
- 300 dpi
- Please note that we use photos as wrap-around covers, so half the photo appears on the front cover and half on the back cover. There should be sufficient negative space for placing title and text.
- We accept email submissions. We recommend that you send low-res versions of your photography/art as small jpeg or pdf attachments, to email@example.com. If we are interested, we will request hi-resolution files.
- Or send photography/artwork (no more than 10 images), along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope (Canadian postage or IRCs only) for return of your work, to:
PO Box 2503, New Westminster, BC
V3L 5B2 Canada
We do not buy the actual piece of art; we pay $200 on publication and two copies of the issue plus 10 extra covers for the use of the image.